Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bega Cheese?

I finally tried the Bega Cheese I sell on Amazon. I had heard good things about the cheese, but really didn't know what to expect. You have to open both ends of the can, and then push it out in one piece. I used my cheese slicer to make grilled cheese sandwiches today.  It slices easily and doesn't crumble. The taste is excellent- very mild and on the soft side. The kids really liked it. I enjoyed it both on the sandwich and plain. Why cheese in a survival kit? Well, you need certain fats that dairy can provide. Also, just surviving by eating your food storage may not be that fun- but actually enjoying the foods you've stored can make a big difference by having some comfort foods. I now have a case + and will likely order some more- because grilled cheese sandwiches on homemade bread is too good not to have in TEOTWAWKI. Bega Cheese is from Australia- and can store for 20 years. I want my larder deep and diversified. Cheese is now part of it.

1 comment:

becky3086 said...

Interesting. Will have to check this out on Amazon.